Back to top

Enrolled Agents

Unlike attorneys or CPA's, Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation. Through-out the year they advise, represent and prepare tax returns for individuals, business, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Read on to learn more!

What is an Enrolled Agent (EA)?

An enrolled agent (EA) is a federally licensed tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers for audits, collections and appeals before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service.

What are the differences between Enrolled Agents and other tax preparers?

Only enrolled agents (EA) demonstrate their competence in matters of taxation and report their hours of continuing professional education to IRS. Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice directly from the U.S. government (certified public accountants and attorneys are licensed by states and their licenses are state specific). Unlike attorneys and certified public accountants, who may or may not choose to focus on taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation.

For more information visit the National Association of Enrolled Agents